Sooooo…….. Remember those goals i posted before the end of the year? Remember how i said i had 4 (paid!) days off from work for a total of 8 days at home (including the weekends)?
ya……. not so productive.
Here’s the original list, and what actually got accomplished in brackets:
- File away this pitiful year [got a good head start… just didn’t make it into a box yet]
- Re-organize my home office and filing system [nope]
- Re-organize how i handle unpaid bills. Any ideas? For now, mail is opened, looked at, thrown in a pile and shipped upstairs to form a new pile on the desk where it sits until i either a) pay and file it or b) get a late notice, dig it out, pay and file it. I’m thinking it’s not such a good system [nope… and i need ideas!]
- Button up my 2011 Budget [yes! lookin gooooood!]
- Get way ahead on EMT homework [finished what had to be done at midnight before class the next day… not so good]
- Get MFR stuff organized (payroll, PCR’s, Schedule) [not so much. did get some performance charts/attendance charts posted though]
- Work on MFR training for 2011 [nope]
- Work on Truck Book for Ambulance [ha. nope]
- Make and freeze lots of lunches/dinners [made some (burnt) hamburger helper while rushing to finish EMT homework. i’m not counting it]
- Clean house top to bottom [ha! i got the Christmas tree down and that’s it]
So, am i a complete and utter failure?
Truth be told, my time off was not consumed by sipping tea on the couch watching movies. I spent a lot of time out and about with my hubby. That was really fun and really rare. He is a very busy guy and it was nice to spend time with him not really doing anything. I/we also spent a good amount of time with our families – at their homes. Can’t complain about that. Good quality time with the fam is priceless. I’ll clear my schedule any day for them.
So, that said, i’ve decided to make my list a goal for the month of January. Perhaps that’s a little more reasonable. I am pretty stoked about wanting to get organized. Seriously need some ideas though. At work i am the most organized, cleanest person you’d ever met. At home – not so much. Perhaps i’m just lacking the proper tools. Some file cabinets, folders, paper trays should/might/hopefully help the problem.
I am geared up and ready to kick some ass this year. *ahem* My goals for 2011:
- Pay off dump truck. (Okay so it’s already scheduled to be paid off. I need a win here so go with it, k?)
- Pay off 3 credit cards. (Since 3 of them have a balance of approx $500 this is toooootally do-able)
- Establish an E-fund. (Yup – had em, used em, had em, used em. Goal is to put the money in and KEEP it there0
- Establish savings for: Christmas, Health, Rainy Day. And set it up to contribute automatically. I use ING Direct so this is the easiest thing in the world. Just need to do it. And not “borrow” from it.
- Lose some weight. Specific numbers and/or plans seem to have the opposite effect. So, let’s just keep it vague and any victory will be a win!
- a) commit to making healthier meals
- b) get a complete physical
- c) work out at least 1 day a week at the fire hall
- Paint the downstairs and decorate. We’ve been there 10 years. It’s about time.
- Might as well make it an even 10. Get back into taking lots of pictures and scrapbooking. Now that i have a cricut, i have nothing to do with it! 😦
I’ve heard once that writing down your goals increases the liklihood off accomplishing them. Well there you have it. Dear 2011: watch your back cuz this year is mine!